What is the best time to travel to Machu Picchu Peru?
The best time to travel to Machu Picchu Peru is in the month of MAY. This is because May is in the end of the rainy season and Machu Picchu is so green and beautiful. This doesn’t mean you will skip the rain, it could rain at any time. However, there is less chance of it.
Here are some facts:
- The months September, October, November and December have a nice average temperature.
- Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in January, February, March and December.
- Machupicchu has dry periods in May, June, July, August and September.
- On average, the warmest month is September.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- January is the wettest month.
- June is the driest month.
Best time to travel to Machu Picchu Summary.
It is best to avoid the wet season from December through until the end of March. Low lying clouds and rain during the wet season can affect visibility at Machu Picchu. May – September & December is considered to be peak season at Machu Picchu, often reaching maximum capacity for entrance tickets. However May is the most beautiful and just before the highest peak season.